MUMBAI: Two person died in a fire that broke out late Tuesday evening at a residential building in Andheri in Mumbai. The fire broke out at 8.21 pm at a house in the 21-storey Kadam Nagar SRA chawl in Andheri West. Five fire engines were rushed to the spot.
Ganesh Shinde, the dean of Cooper Hospital, where the victims were taken, confirmed that two men aged 20 and 22 were killed, while a third person, aged 50, was admitted for treatment. “The fire has now been confined to electrical wiring, household articles, furniture in a flat on the 10th floor and in some portion of a flat on the 11th floor,” a fire official said.
Fire brigade officials said the fire started around 8.21 pm on the 10th floor of the building. A medical officer in Dr RN Cooper Hospital said that both the bodies were charred beyond identification.